Cohesive Strategy Governance and Engagement
National Cohesive Wildland Fire Management Strategy governance structure.
- Wildland Fire Leadership Council (WFLC): The WFLC provides executive leadership and broad oversight for the cohesive strategy effort.
- Wildland Fire Executive Council (WFEC): WFEC was appointed by the WFLC to provide oversight over the implementation of the cohesive strategy effort.
- Cohesive Strategy Subcommittee (CSSC): The CSSC was appointed by the WFEC to advise WFEC on Cohesive Strategy implementation.
- National Science and Analysis Team: The National Science and Analysis Team reports to the CSSC, and is a cadre of technical experts that performs data collection, synthesis, analysis and modeling in support of the Cohesive Strategy.
- Regional Strategy Committees: To coordinate the regional assessments, WFEC has chartered three Regional Strategy Committees, one for each region delineated in the Cohesive Strategy.
- Working Groups: Regional Strategy Committees may assign working groups to support development of the regional assessments.