Wildland Fire Leadership Council Meeting
September 29-30, 2010
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
- Use transmittal letter to more clearly define the core messages of the strategy. (OWFC)
- WFLC will prepare thank you letters to pertinent supervisors signed by Rhea Suh and Jay Jensen. (Kate D’Ambrosio by October 8)
Thursday, September 30, 2010
- Accepted the reports with recommended edits from WFLC to go forward to necessary review.
- Appoint an individual to the interim non-federal CSOC group from the NLC
- Will proceed to make the Phase II governance group WFEC compliant with FACA. In the meantime, WFLC will keep the non-federal component of the CSOC in place with addition of a NLC member, along with Kirk Rowdabaugh and Tom Harbour to fill the governance role.
- Next meeting, March 10 and 11, 2011, in Washington, DC.
- Next 14 days, provide a list of membership for the WFEC. (CSOC)
- Within 30 days, committee will present a timeline, including the deliverables, to WFLC for those items identified on page 10 of the document, “A Path Toward a National Cohesive Wildland Fire Management Strategy.” (CSOC)
- Within 60 days, the committee will bring back to WFLC with the names and organizations of members of the Regional Strategy Committees. (CSOC)
- Thank you letters from WFLC to Congressional staff participants of the Hill Visits—signed by one federal member, one non-federal member, that includes the link to the website. (Kate D’Ambrosio by October 8, 2010, signed by Rhea Suh and Dan or Mary)
- Last edits for reports will come to Tom Harbour and Kirk Rowdabaugh by October 8, 2010.
- Agenda items and identified stakeholder input will be submitted by mid-January by WFLC members to Tom Harbour and Kirk Rowdabaugh.
- Agenda item for the March meeting will be outreach to the Hill during March 10 and 11 meeting.
- NGA addition to WFEC appendix on page 39.