Dispatch Governance and Staffing
Governance tasks include:
- Determine and implement appropriate structure, funding policies, decision processes and delegation of authorities used to manage dispatch operations to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Address organization governance structures and processes for shared dispatch operations including:
- Membership, authorities, roles and responsibilities, decision processes and funding.
- Implement changes to operational practices, business practices and standards across agencies to increase operational efficiency while effectively meeting mission requirements.
- Establish clear accountability and continuity of operations regarding dispatch governance and policies.
- Balance the dispatch workload to determine optimal hours of operation, staffing and organizational structures.
- Identify and implement changes to define areas of responsibility and identify logical consolidations.
- Ken Maas
Subject Matter Experts
- Barbara Kraemer, Alaska, State
- Beth Jablonski, Eastern, Forest Service
- Richard Wilson, Great Basin, Bureau of Land Management
- Heather McDonald, Great Basin, National Park Service
- Mac Heller, North Operations, Forest Service
- Timothy Bradley, Northern Rockies, Forest Service
- Norval Tyler, Southwest, State
- David Mosher, Northern Rockies, Forest Service
- Robert Narus, Pacific Northwest, Bureau of Land Management
- Karen Curtiss, Pacific Northwest, Forest Service
- Jill Jones, Pacific Northwest, State
- Cathy Hutton, Rocky Mountain, Bureau of Land Management
- Sheri Fox, Rocky Mountain, Forest Service
- Julian Affuso, Rocky Mountain, Forest Service
- Jeri Lynne Hayes, South Operations, Forest Service
- Jeff Walther, Southwest, Forest Service
- Scott Swendsen, Southern, Forest Service
- Cynthia Foster, Southern, State
- John Byas, Law Enforcement, Forest Service
- Dave Carter, Rocky Mountain, Fish and Wildlife Service
- Dan Ialenti, National Operations Center (NOC), Bureau of Land Management
- Chris Buzo, Chief Information Office (CIO), Forest Service
- Doug Stefan, National Interagency Coordination Center, Forest Service
- Joe Duran, National Federation of Federal Employees, Forest Service
- Charlie Armiger, National Federation of Federal Employees, Forest Service
- Susie Greenhalgh, National Federation of Federal Employees, Department of the Interior